Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Brother Diethard




This story concerns my brother Diet....
My brother has 5 boys and one daughter.He was in a hurry ...twins the first time around.There were no twins in the family before so it must have been his high school sweetheart's responsibility.If she reads this she may not talk to me again because she was upset with me years before.My brother is very competitive...of the three brothers he got married first and had kids first.He was a big jock in HS in any sport he tried as well as a scholar.He was a politician too...student council president ...mouth piece and fog horn of the class of 1961. Yeh ....Belvidere High School.Of course he had to outdo his older brother and that took work.He beat me hands down as far as girls are concerned and the proof is two marriages.The first to get a divorce and marry again.The first to move far away...more than one state...Hartford...Trinity College..Connecticut.The first to get a four year scholastic scholarship....He beat me in the monetary value there.
Who would have thought that this two year old boy holding my hand on that dusty road in far away Poland in 1945, would become a teacher,coach and mentor to so many boys in this Land Of Promise. You can ask the men who are still in contact with him from StJohns,Mercers-burg,Kiski,Storm King and the recognitions he has received. 
I posted a picture of him from his wrestling years to one of his grand-daughters on Fbook.If you look very close you will notice two small scarce ...one on each side of his muscular body.These scarce came from adventures in Texas...one was from his run in with a sunken boat and the other when he literally got hung up on a broke branch and I had to lift him off.Well...what are big brothers for anyway?

Being the middle brother is not easy...you always get a challenge from the kid and always need to get out of the way of the older one.Of course I am sensitive and never caused problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment